Our mission is to provide a rigorous athletic program that complements and supports a challenging academic program by teaching students to persevere, to work well with others, and to test themselves. Mountain Vista Middle School will provide a competitive, culturally diverse, gender-equitable sports program; one which will serve as a window to the secondary level in an environment of integrity and equity that enables student-athletes to achieve excellence in their academic and athletic pursuits.
- We believe students are our highest priority.
- We believe the dignity, worth, and self-esteem of participants should be paramount in all athletic activities.
- We believe the most important result of competition is the development of life-long values and skills.
- We believe the athletic program is an integral part of the middle school experience.
- We believe middle school athletics should be fun and rewarding.
- We believe athletic programs are most beneficial when they are competitive.
- We believe well-designed athletic programs promote community and school pride.
- We believe open communication and mutual respect among coaches, parents, and athletes provide the foundation of a successful athletic program.
- We believe morale, satisfaction, and performance are enhanced when athletes work together as a team.
- We believe positive parent support and involvement enhance student growth and program quality.
We encourage our students to be involved in our clubs. Here they
will find friends and mentors that will last a lifetime. And besides, it's fun!
National Junior Honor Society (NJHS)
Sponsor - Miss Rachel Johnson and Mrs. Donna Frank
Sponsor - Mrs. Amber Allen and Mrs. MaryBeth Vogt
All students in grades 6-8 are eligible to participate in competitive sports. Please make sure you have a physical and proof of insurance on file in the office.